All pets are unique and irreplaceable beings. Some, like a puppy or a kitten, for many owners become like their children. That is why when their life is threatened by any danger or lethal animal, they lose their breath.
Just like snakes, which, being so silent and agile, are capable of attacking their prey in a matter of seconds. This is how a puppy almost lost its life when attacked by a rattlesnake.
The rattlesnake latched on to the puppy and bit him 5 times
The furry boy, named Toad, was playing near his home in Kuna, Idaho, when he suddenly found himself face to face with the snake, which mercilessly bit him at least five times.
Friz Brownell, the puppy ‘s owner , comments that when he approached his pet he saw “a snake cartwheeling in the air.” Very puzzled and worried, he grabbed the puppy from him trying to keep it between him and the snake.
“Big mistake, there were several snakes on the ground!” He told local media.
Toad is a German Shorthaired Pointer.
Without wasting any more time, he took him in his arms and took him to the vet. Unfortunately, the poison had already taken effect and Toad began to bleed from his lips and gums .
Toad did not look well at all, the vet noted that the puppy had been bitten on both sides of the face, due to which they applied a dose of antidote. So it was a matter of time to know how the helpless puppy would react.
This breed has strong legs which makes them even more adept at running.
The venomous American rattlesnake , unlike other snakes, has a characteristic sound from its rattle that is located on the tip of its tail .
This snake is made up of small horny cases that allow them to emit a warning sound and in some cases protect them from being stepped on by larger mammals.
Toad’s owners really thought their beloved pet wouldn’t make it and they were devastated
Although rats and mice are their favorite food, they can attack almost any animal they consider to be their prey . By biting, they inject the venom into the prey’s body and then let it go.
The largest preys follow them, attack and wait for the poison to immobile them , this being the technique they use the most when attacking people.
They have a striking coat in which various colors are combined.
Much to Brownell’s relief, the antidote took effect and his beloved pet was saved . Toad continues to recover at home receiving all the attention and love that she deserves.
For his part, Brownell wants to warn pet owners and insists that they should be aware of the environment where we walk our furry ones , a rattlesnake could be anywhere.
Scroll Down To Watch Video
In this report you can learn more details about Toad’s distressing episode that left him with a devastating appearance:
For its part, Idaho Fish and Game says the best thing to do at the time of year when these snakes can be plentiful is to keep dogs on a leash while hiking in the hills or desert.
We celebrate that fortunately, Toad was taken to the vet on time and that they managed to save his life. Not all cases of bites end like this, which is why the owners need to take all precautions. No one would like to see their puppy like this without knowing what to do or how to act.
Always remember to be alert on every walk you take with your beloved pet. They deserve that we take extreme care and that they can walk in peace without us having to regret a sad ending!